Now, eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones and boost the wireless range to homes with the Linksys RE9000 range extender. The Linksys AC3000 range extender includes quick and simple setup. After you compete the Linksys RE9000 Wifi extender setup you can stream 4K/HD content, play online games, and roam freely around your home, even in hard to reach spots like the garage backyard, or basement in an instant. Linksys RE9000 is a dual-band extender that provides dedicated backhaul for communication between the RE9000 and existing Wi-Fi routers, including, those from an ISP provider. You can gain speeds up to 3x faster than Dual-Band range extenders. In this article, you will learn the way how to set up a Linksys wireless extender. Let’s have a look at the instructions below.
Make sure you have the following things before you begin the setup process:
- An existing dual-band modem or wireless router
- A computer/laptop with Wi-Fi capability
- The router’s Wi-Fi name and password
- Your Linksys RE9000 extender should be on factory settings for initial setup
How to set up a Linksys wireless extender?
You can configure the Linksys range extender either automatically via a configuration CD or manually. If you have lost the setup CD then use the manual method. Before that, make some physical connections between the extender and your PC.
- First of all, attach the antennas on the extender.
- Now, place the Linksys extender at the right place where you want to extend the wireless signals.
- Next, plug in the range extender in a wall outlet and provide the power supply.
- Turn on the Linksys RE9000 and wait for the LED to blink orange.
- Now, go to your PC and see available networks.
- Next, Connect to the extender’s network and the setup process will start automatically.
- You need to start the process manually if it doesn’t start automatically.
Linksys RE9000 Wifi Extender Setup via Web-Browser Method:
- Connect the Linksys RE9000 to your PC either via wired or wireless connection.
- Now, launch a web browser on the device and browse to the http://extender.linksys.com. Press ‘Enter’.
- You can also use the default login IP address is 192.168.1.1.
- Next, a login window appears on the computer screen asking to enter the login credentials.
- Enter the username and password in the required fields. Click Login to access the Linksys extender login page.
- After you click “Login”, it will redirect you to the extender’s configuration page.
- Now, you can configure mulitple advanced settings and features as per your requirement.
If you face any issues during the Linksys RE9000 Wifi Extender Setup, you can contact us at our toll-free no. Hope, this article will help you know how to set up the Linksys RE9000 extender. For more information, dial our toll-free no. or chat live through a live chat window.