Linksys wifi range extender boost the range and coverage of existing wifi network. Linksys extender setup is an ultimate way to transmit your existing wifi router to new and extended area. But sometimes, we might encounter an orange blinking light after linksys wifi extender setup.
When your Linksys extender flashing orange light then it means your extender is unable to connect with the modem. Another reason why your linksys extender light is orange is due to outdated and corrupt firmware. Now, let’s dig bigger and learn about tips to get rid of orange light issue on linksys extender.
Fixes for linksys extender flashing orange light
When you are stuck with an orange blinking light after linksys wifi extender setup, you can try the below-mentioned handy methods:
Fix the distance
Do not place your linksys extender too far from the router. The more the distance between the extender and wireless router, the weaker the Wi-Fi signals will be. The best location to place your linksys extender is in the midway between your wifi router the area with low or zero wifi signals.
Limit physical obstructions
Physical obstructions can be a primary reason behind weak wifi signals. The common obstructions that cause distortion of wireless signals are-
- Thick walls and ceilings
- mirrors and glasses
- Metal objects
- Wooden cabinets
Wireless Network Interference
There are some devices that can interrupt wireless signals transmitted by the wireless router and extender. Such as- televisions, microwave ovens, cordless phone, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
How to resolve Linksys Extender flashing Orange light issue?
If you are still stuck with an orange blinking light after linksys wifi extender setup, here are some troubleshooting methods that you can perform:
Power cycling the Extender
The most basic way to fix orange light issue on linksys extender is rebooting the device. Here’s how to power cycle your linksys extender:
- Disconnect or remove all the cables connecting to your extender.
- Turn the linksys extender OFF for some time.
- After 2-3 minutes, connect the cables to your extender once again.
- Plug the extender into power source and turn it on.
Update Linksys Extender Firmware
when your linksys extender light is orange, you can update the Linksys extender firmware by following the below given steps:
- Visit linksys support website and download the latest firmware file.
- Connect the linksys extender to computer wirelessly or using wired connection.
- Go to extender.linksys.com and provide the linksys extender login details.
- Click on the ‘Firmware upgrade’ option and then click on ‘Upload’
- upload the downloaded file.
- Once done, restart your linksys device.
Reset Linksys Extender
If your linksys extender flashing orange, you can consider restoring it to its factory default settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Plug your linksys extender into a wall outlet and power it ON.
- Press the ‘reset’ button using a pointed object for a few seconds
- Release the button an perform the linksys login once again.
By following the above mentioned troubleshooting method, you will be able to get rid of an orange blinking light after linksys wifi extender setup issue. To know more about it, you can contact our technical team and ask for their help.