This article is about how do I fix a blinking orange light on my Linksys extender. Check out the following instructions to fix the problem.
Usually, An Orange Blinking Light after Linksys WiFi Extender Setup could be due to number of factors.
When your Linksys extender is blinking orange light then it means your extender is unable to connect with the modem. Another reason why your linksys extender light is orange is due to outdated and corrupt firmware.
So, without wasting more time, let’s go ahead and resolve Linksys wifi extender orange light issue.
How do I fix a blinking orange light on my Linksys extender?
Here are some easy fixes for the Linksys wifi extender blinking orange light issue. You can try these handy methods:
Power cycling the extender
The most basic way to fix orange light issue on Linksys extender is rebooting the device. Here’s how to power cycle your Linksys extender:
- Disconnect or remove all the cables connecting to your extender.
- Turn the Linksys extender OFF for some time.
- After 2-3 minutes, connect the cables to your extender once again.
- Plug the extender into power source and turn it on.
Update Linksys extender firmware
When your Linksys wifi extender blinking orange light, you can update the Linksys extender firmware by following the below given steps:
- Visit Linksys support website and download the latest firmware file.
- Connect the Linksys extender to computer wirelessly or using wired connection.
- Go to linksyssmartwifi.com and provide the Linksys extender login details.
- Click on the ‘Firmware upgrade’ option and then click on ‘Upload’
- Upload the downloaded file.
- Once done, restart your Linksys device.
Reset Linksys extender
If your Linksys extender is blinking orange, you can consider restoring it to its factory default settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Plug your Linksys extender into a wall outlet and power it ON.
- Press the ‘reset’ button using a pointed object for a few seconds
- Release the button.
In case, there’s still An Orange Blinking Light afterLinksys Wifi Extender Setup, you can fix the distance between Linksys extender and router. Make sure that the devices are not placed too far from each other. Place your extender in the midway between the area with low wifi signals and router.
Apart from this, you must make sure there is no wireless network interference. You must also limit the physical obstructions.
These were the troubleshooting methods for How do I fix a blinking orange light on my Linksys extender. To know more, you can reach out to our technicians by dialing their toll free number.