Experiencing dead spots around your home? From slow streaming to dropped video calls, these things are more frustrating than spotty Wi-Fi. Installing a range extender is a perfect way to eliminate those dead spots and get good signal strength. The Linksys RE6700 range extender provides high-speed network and extended coverage beyond the walls of your home. The AC1200 extender by Linksys has some excellent features. You can get access to its advanced settings once you complete the Linksys extender setup login. Go through this article to learn how to setup your Linksys wireless range extender.
Setup Linksys RE6700 AC1200 extender via a web browser – extender.linksys.com
- Start with the hardware connection between the devices including your router, client device, and the extender.
- Connect the Linksys extender to a power source and turn it on.
- Once powered on, the power LED on the extender will glow a solid green light.
- Now, connect a networking device such as a PC to your network named Linksys Extender Setup.
- On the connected PC, open a web browser and type https://extender.linksys.com in the browser’s address field.
- If you cannot get access to the Linksys extender login page through the default gateway, you can use the default IP of the extender.
- When a login screen appears, enter the default username and password in the provided fields.
- It will redirect you to the Linksys RE6700 setup page. Click on the Quick setup tab and follow the Linksys extender setup wizard instructions.
- Your extender will automatically start scanning for the available networks.
- From a list of networks, choose the network name that you wish to extend and enter the Wi-Fi password.
- Next, you would be asked to change the network name and password. Set up a strong and complex password for your extender’s SSID.
- Click on the Apply tab to save the changes you have made.
Setup Linksys RE6700 AC1200 extender via WPS method
There are two ways to set up your extender using a WPS method. Either you can manually install the Linksys extender through a WPS button or log into the extender’s web-interface and look for the WPS push button.
Using a WPS button
- Plug in the range extender to a power source and turn it on.
- Locate the WPS button on both the extender and your main router.
- First, you need to press the WPS button on the Linksys wifi extender.
- Within a minute, press the WPS button located on your router.
- It will make a connection between both the devices.
Using extender.linksys.com interface
- Log into the extender’s interface using the https://extender.linksys.com.
- From the basic web-dashboard, choose the Wireless tab.
- Click on the WPS button under Wi-Fi protected Setup.
- Now, click on the Enabled button and then click on Apply to save the changes.
So, this is all about how to setup Linksys RE6700 AC1200 extender. If you have any queries related to this topic, you can ask our technical executives. In case, you have trouble setting up your extender, you can get simple troubleshooting tips from our technical experts. You can contact us on our helpline number or chat online via a live chat window.