The Linksys RE3000W helps extend the range of your current home network and eliminate dead zones. The Linksys range RE3000W extender works with any existing router or modem. You have to just connect the RE3000W to your network and you can access the Internet from any device. It features a single wireless band of 2.4 GHz and is capable of extending the wireless speed up to N300 Mbps. It has two internal antennas and multiple amazing features like, MIMO technology, Wi-Fi Multimedia support, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, firmware up gradable, reset button, wireless bridge mode, etc. With the Linksys RE3000W setup, you can easily boost the speed of your existing wireless router. This range extender can deliver up to 5000 sq. ft. by repeating the router’s signal.
It comes with quick and easy installation setup. Just launch a browser and connect to the ‘Linksys extender setup’ network. This article shows you ‘how to connect Linksys RE3000W?’ Take a look at the instructions given below.
How to install a Linksys RE3000W extender?
You can install the Linksys RE3000W through a configuration CD. It can be installed through a web-browser. You have to connect your devices with Linksys extender physically.
- First of all, attach the antennas on the Linksys extender RE3000W.
- Now, place the Linksys extender within the range of your router’s wireless signal. Try to place it a location where you need good wireless range.
- Next, connect the range extender to a power source to provide it the power supply.
- Now, turn the Linksys RE3000W ON and wait for the LED on the top of the extender to turn solid.
How to connect Linksys RE3000W?
- Now, use your PC and look for the available networks.
- After that, connect to the extender’s Wi-Fi network name that is ‘Linksys extender setup’ and the setup process starts automatically.
- You have to start the setup process manually if it doesn’t start automatically.
Linksys RE3000W setup via Web-Browser Method:
- Now, take an Ethernet cable and connect the Linksys range extender to your PC.
- On your PC, launch a web browser and browse to the http://extender.linksys.com. Press ‘Enter’.
- You can even use 192.168.1.1. This is the Linksys login default IP address.
- Next window appears on the computer screen asking to enter the username and password.
- Enter the default username and password in the required fields. Click ‘Login’ to continue.
- On the Linksys RE3000W extender’s configuration page, click ‘Start.’
- Next window appears, click ‘I Agree’. Now, your device will search for the available networks.
- Select your wireless network name or SSID. Enter the Wireless password in the required field and connect it to the network.
- It will now connect router’s wireless network.
- A confirmation message will appears on the screen ‘Your extender is now configured’.
If you face any issues during the Linksys RE3000W setup, you can contact us at our toll-free no. Hope, this article will help you know how to connect Linksys RE3000W. For further assistance on Linksys login and setup, dial our toll-free no or chat live through a live chat window.